– You, a foreign developer, started building a residential complex in Kyiv during the war. Why did you decide to undertake the implementation of the project?
– In fact, we started work on the Maxima Residence residential complex in the capital a few months before the start Russia’s full-scale war against Ukraine. This is our first development project in Ukraine which we implement in partnership with the Ukrainian company RIEL. The Russian invasion slightly adjusted our plans, but did not stop the work.
In the first months of the war, we focused on helping Ukraine: we bought cars, various ammunition — helmets, body armor, thermal imaging cameras, and medical supplies for the militarys. About 150 Ukrainian refugees were given shelter in our Crowne Plaza Istanbul Florya hotel in Türkiye.
We organized excursions for Ukrainian children to İstanbul Aquarium — one of the largest aquariums in the world, which we built in Istanbul. For children, it was one of the elements of psychological rehabilitation. We have done and are doing a lot to help Ukraine. The fact is that my family founded their own business here 20 years ago. In the beginning, it was confectionery production, then logistics and telecommunications business. Over time, we will concentrate on our locomotive business — construction and real estate development. I came to Ukraine to manage family company’s affairs. I got married in Kyiv, my two children were born here, so Ukraine is my second homeland. And I believe in it’s successful future.
The economy is no less important for victory, investment is the lifeblood of the economy. Concrete plants and construction machinery must work, people must have jobs, taxes must be paid. Therefore, since June of this year, we have resumed construction of the Maxima Residence residential complex.
In the current conditions, when there are air attacks, a curfew, it is difficult to work, but it is possible. We weigh all the risks and guarantee the completion of the house within the specified time. According to the schedules, the construction of the third, last, section of the complex will be completed in the 4th quarter of 2025.
– Tell us about the project. What are the features of architectural solutions, infrastructure planning, etc.?
– This is our first construction project in Ukraine, and we have to present it as best as possible. For this, we use all our more than 50 years of experience gained in the process of implementing more than 100 projects. Maxima Residence — a business-class residential complex with 486 apartments — is being built in accordance with international standards and environmental regulations. The object is located in Pechersk district in Kyiv, where there is everything necessary for life – from supermarkets and restaurants, schools and kindergartens to parks and fitness clubs, and a developed transport infrastructure.
Our architects have put a lot of effort into making the residential complex comfortable for all residents. Modern apartment layouts, thoughtful common areas, recreation and sports areas, children’s playgrounds, interesting landscape design solutions. The principles of inclusion are followed — special paths and handrails for residents of the complex with limited mobility are integrated into its infrastructure.
In the residential complex will have a stylish lobby, a children’s playroom for different age groups, a multi-purpose lounge area with a terrace, a co-working space and a separate space for business negotiations and conference rooms, as well as a fitness room for the residents of the complex are planned. A two-level underground parking lot is planned and the «yard without cars» principle will apply.
It is very important for us that the residents of the building feel safe, that is why 24-hour security, video surveillance is provided, and the territory of the complex itself will be closed.
– How active is the interest in the project? How are sales going? How do prices change?
– Despite the difficult situation in the country, there is interest. Sales started in June this year, and since then we have already seen prices increase by 10%. Currently, approximately 120 apartments are available for investors, located in the first and second sections. We have not yet started sales in the third section.
How active is the interest? If we talk about the period before the Russian invasion, then this is one story, but if we take into account that a full-scale war is going on in the country, many constructions have stopped, then it is quite another. But there are sales, and this is quite logical. Because, first of all, there are almost no vacant plots of land in Pechersk, where we are building. And this is a very good location for living for those who value urban comfort and infrastructure. Secondly, we are an international company and we build according to international standards. The Maxima Residence residential complex will be of high quality, which future residents will greatly appreciate.
In addition, we guarantee that we will complete the facility. Our potential and finances will be enough to complete construction even if sales are insufficient.
– Sales started in June. How much was invested in the project at this stage?
– Our company invests in the construction of Maxima Residence as much money as is needed to implement the project in a timely and high-quality manner.
Ukraine is a country with a favorable location, great opportunities and a promising future. Yes, starting new projects now is risky. However, we resumed the construction of the Maxima Residence residential complex, in which hundreds of specialists are involved, we pay taxes to the budget and support the Ukrainian economy. This is necessary to show other foreign companies and investors that now it is profitable to invest in Ukraine, there is no need to be afraid.
– What is the portrait of the buyer now? Does it differ from the one you calculated at the project planning stage?
– Our customers are people who appreciate a comfortable life in the central part of the city. Many apartments are bought for personal residence, and there are also investors. I would like to note that buyers are very careful and picky now. But they still understand that it is necessary to invest in real estate now, because the one who enters the market first receives the greatest benefit. Decisions about large investments require a careful assessment of risks and security guarantees – both in wartime and in postwar times, so a potential investor checks and weighs everything in detail. We and our partner have good reputations, intensive construction work is underway on the site, so we meet the requirements of the most demanding investor.
The war will not last forever, and we believe in a victory for Ukraine. After the victory, the country will radically change and develop rapidly, and construction will be the main engine of this development.
– Are you preparing the following projects? What type of real estate do you think will become the most promising in the next 5 years?
– We plan to build a lot in Ukraine, we want to transfer here our colossal construction and building experience, which we acquired in Türkiye. This will be the construction of both residential and commercial facilities. But I will not be able to tell you the details, since the situation changes every day and it is difficult to predict future prospects. But I note that we already have a considerable land bank in Ukraine, which is currently being formed from plots located mostly in the central part of Kyiv. We are also considering the possibility of implementing projects in Europe and the USA in the near future. We are currently studying these markets.